Subject: Re: Light brightness
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 1995 03:48:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 25 Aug 1995 [email-masked] wrote:

> John gross responds
>
> >This is something that is planned, but you can pretty much get the same
> >effect when using Fade With Distance for Lens Flares. (Assuming the light
> >moves away from you when it goes away.
> 
> 	Just for discussion, would glue-ing 2 spot lights together, one
> 	narrower than the other, accomplish this effect?

Actually, I've been fiddling around with something I picked up from Mark 
Thompson's "LightWave In.Focus" video that might actually work in this 
situation....

What if you make a totally transparent light cone that has a high amount 
of specularity set and put a spotlight in it that has very soft edges.  
You might have to use progressively smaller copies of the light cone, but 
the effect would be varying degrees of bright "volumetric" light flooding 
out from the headlights of the car.  It would actually work best in this 
type of scene where there is little or no lighting other than that coming 
from the car's headlights.  This might even work well with the lens 
flare, because if you turn on Fade Behind Objects the flare will be quite 
visible when viewed from head on, but will fade out as it is obscured by 
the light cones when the car turns.

I'll give it a try and see how it works....

                                     -David Warner

--
[email-masked] sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]